Reception & Reservations Team Member – Afternoon/Evening Shift
We are looking for an enthusiastic frontline person to join our Reception and Reservations team. The purpose of this role is to deliver exceptional customer service to our manuhiri (guests) using our motel and tour services.
Ngāti Awa Tourism is a subsidiary of Ngāti Awa Group Holdings Limited (NAGHL), the commercial arm of Te Rūnanga o Ngāti Awa, whose long-term vision is to create prosperity and sustainable employment for Ngāti Awa members and the wider Whakatāne region.
White Island Rendezvous has 39 rooms and encompasses the popular White Island Café. Our Reception and Reservations team also handle all bookings, enquiries, and the check-in process for our marine based tours.
Our ideal applicant will have:
- Experience working at the frontline or in dealing with people on a professional basis
- Proven ability as a team player
- Excellent business written & oral communication skills
- General office skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Internet and emails. Experience using motel or tourism reservation systems would be an advantage.
- Ability to work on a rotating roster that includes every second weekend. Shifts are typically 2pm to 8pm.
- Positive, mature and flexible approach required
- Will embrace the principles of manaakitanga, kaitiakitanga and Ngāti Awatanga
- You must be able to work autonomously as you will be sole charge for a large proportion of the shift
- Exceptional people and customer service skills with the ability to deliver a great customer experience.
This is a permanent part-time position with a minimum of 40 hours per fortnight. A later start time may be negotiable for the right applicant.
To apply, please send your CV along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, CVs can be dropped into the Reception desk at White Island Rendezvous, 15 The Strand, Whakatane.