As advised, our offices will be closed Monday 13th February and Tuesday 14th February due to the unknown impact that Cyclone Gabrielle may cause.
Below are some tips provided by the Civil Defence on how to prepare for Cyclone Gabrielle, or visit their website https://www.civildefence.govt.nz:
• Plan and rehearse an emergency escape plan to get to safer ground.
• Have arrangements in place in case you have to evacuate your pets or livestock.
• Have a plan in place to check on vulnerable neighbours.
• Prepare your property for flooding – check that drains are clear, put sandbags down in relevant areas, secure trampolines and outdoor furniture and make sure your car is on higher ground.
• Medical Emergency Kit: Get an easy-to-carry emergency kit together with essentials you might need in case of an emergency. Keep the kit close to your exit points.
• Emergency Supplies: Gather emergency supplies you might need in case you don’t have access to fresh drinking water or food.
Stay in the know
• Check your local Civil defence groups for the latest updates.
• Keep an eye on the news.
• Check Met Service for weather updates and warnings.
Take care and stay safe whānau.